How To Convert PDF Online?
Easy-to-use PDF software
Is there a way to convert scientific paper pdfs to neatly formated epubs?
Converting pdf's to well-formatted epub is not easy particularly since pdf structure can be particularly difficult for a computer to figure out on it's own. For example, Calibre often fails for multi-column text such as scientific articles. That being said, there is a really good free program I found recently called Willus.com's K2pdfopt that can restructure a pdf into a single column (better for reading on small screens like smartphones). It does this by hunting through the original pdf and finding blocks of text/images that represent the flow of the document. This can be a great way to simplify your pdf and make it possible for programs like Calibre to easily build a neatly formatted epub document. In this way, it would be a 2-step process that can be easily automated in the end.
PDF documents can be cumbersome to edit, especially when you need to change the text or sign a form. However, working with PDFs is made beyond-easy and highly productive with the right tool.
How to Convert PDF with minimal effort on your side:
- Add the document you want to edit — choose any convenient way to do so.
- Type, replace, or delete text anywhere in your PDF.
- Improve your text’s clarity by annotating it: add sticky notes, comments, or text blogs; black out or highlight the text.
- Add fillable fields (name, date, signature, formulas, etc.) to collect information or signatures from the receiving parties quickly.
- Assign each field to a specific recipient and set the filling order as you Convert PDF.
- Prevent third parties from claiming credit for your document by adding a watermark.
- Password-protect your PDF with sensitive information.
- Notarize documents online or submit your reports.
- Save the completed document in any format you need.
The solution offers a vast space for experiments. Give it a try now and see for yourself. Convert PDF with ease and take advantage of the whole suite of editing features.
Convert PDF: All You Need to Know
I'm using this program so far on Caliber to turn my PDF's into a well-formatted pub document. The program finds and sorts the blocks of text and images relative to the main text or image sections. Once the process is complete it outputs a pub file that I can easily make into a book. Caliber can then be used to convert other documents into nice nicely formatted pub documents. But there's a little more to it than that. This process is not always easy to maintain or automate. For example, each time I convert one file into a pub I have to manually find/replace all the old lines. That's a little difficult, but Caliber uses the searchable XML metadata as the source data for that. It means that I do not have to worry about manually finding those lines to be updated. It would be easy to create a separate software.